Circus Workshops for Schools
Thomas Trilby provides Circus Workshops in schools in Gloucestershire, the South West & further afield.
Choose a set format for a fixed fee or tailor the sessions to your requirements.
Also available for school fetes, fun days and fairs.
CRB Checked – Equity Member – Fully Insured.
Circus Skills School Workshops
I can offer drop-in or structured workshops for all ages with a wide variety of professional circus equipment and expert tuition. Also brilliant for events and fetes. The circus skills school workshops can be tailored to any audience
Why Circus Skills?
- Improves coordination and communication skills, encourages listening skills
- non competitive physical activity where all pupils participate equally
- hands on and practical, encourages teamwork
- allows any pupil to shine through kinesthetic learning
- good basis for project work (art, maths, PE, creative writing)
- can be continued in break-time and club activities
- because it is fun and brings some colour and excitement into school!
How Long are the Sessions?
Full day – 15 minute assembly then 4 one hour sessions.
Half day – 15 minute assembly then 2 one hour sessions.
What happens in each session?
- 5 minutes – Introduction, golden rules, safety points, demonstration
- 5 minutes – a short activity to warm up, develop working together and coordination
- 10 minutes – demonstrating and having a go at juggling – bean bags or scarves
- 15 minutes – demonstrating and trying spinning plates
- 10 minutes – have a go at diablos and flower sticks
- 15 minutes – the big props – fun wheels, unicycles, stilts, mini bikes
In secondary schools the skills can be spread over a half day or full day with each group.
How many can take part?
One class at a time (up to 35 pupils) – up to 4 classes in a day.
Are there any other formats?
Whatever you want! One group could stay for 2 or 4 sessions, spending longer on each prop and also including practice tightrope. A full day could include a performance by the pupils.
I am also available for inset days! Team building and corporate workshops are a speciality.
How much do they cost?
Which Schools have you worked in?
Lots! All over the country, but in Gloucestershire…
Amberley Parochial, Beech Green, Birdlip, Blackeney, Bledington, Bourton, Brownham Park, Callowell, Calton Junior, Charlton Kings, Churchdown, Colway Infants, Deerhurst, Dinglewell, Elmbridge, Fairford, Gardners Lane, Harbury, Horsley, Huntley, Kemble, Lakeside, Longney, Lydney, Mitton Manor, North Cerney, Northleach, Offas Meade, Parliament, Pillowell, Primrose Hill, Querns Westonbirt, Rodmarton, Rosary School, Rowanfield Juniors, Siddington, St James’, St Matthew’s, St White’s, Stroud Valley, Twyning, Uplands Community, Walmore Hill, Whaddon, Winchcombe Abbey and more.