I can offer drop in or structured workshops for all ages with a wide variety of professional circus equipment and expert tuition. Brilliant for family events, fetes and festivals. Can be tailored to an audience of children or adults.
Why Circus Skills?
- Non competetive physical activity where everyone participates equally.
- Suitable for all ages and abilities, everyone is allowed to join in at their comfort level
- Everyone feels positive that they achieved something new.
- Lots of interesting equipment - a wide variety of different activities to try.
How Long are the Sessions?
Whatever works for you, from 30 minute taster sessions to three one hour sessions per day.
What Happens in a structured workshop?
- Introduction, golden rules, safety points,
- Demonstration/ Show
- A short activity to warm up, develop working together and co-ordination
- Demonstrating and having a go at juggling - bean bags or scarves
- Demonstrating and trying spinning plates
- Having a go at diablos and flower sticks
- The big props - fun wheels, unicycles, slitls, mini bikes
- Longer sessions can include hula hoops, staff manipulation, tightrope, performance skills.
What happens in open workshops?
All the same activities but participants drop in and I demonstrate and teach as appropriate.
How many can take part and how much do they cost?
From 1 to 100 or more depending on the numbers of instructors you book. Every event is different, please contact me to discuss the possibilities.
What equipment do you use?
Balls x100, Scarves x100, Rings x30, Plates x35, Flower Sticks x35, Diablo x35, Fun Wheels x15, Stilts x10, Mini Bikes x3, Unicycles x10, Poi x10, Ribbons x20, Hula Hoops x30, Staffs x6, Tight Rope.
Who have you worked with?
Microsoft, Rolls Royce, HBOS, Connexions, Warwick Racecourse, Wotton Bassett Street Fair, End of the Road Festival, Selfridges, Gloucester Carnival, Devizes Street Fair, Malmesbury Carnival, National Star College, Badsey Flower Show, Bath University, Endsleigh, Cotswold BMW, The Everyman Theatre, HSBC Bank, WH Smiths, Cheltenham Music & Science Festivals, Brownies, Elmbridge Childcare, British Gas, Bristol Tourism (Cribbs Causeway), Fladbury Walkabout.