Thomas Trilby primarily facilitates Circus Workshops in Schools in Gloucestershire and the South West but also works further afield. Choose a set format for a fixed fee or tailor the sessions to your requirements. Also available for school fetes, fun days and fairs.
CRB Checked - Equity Member - Fully Insured.
Why Circus Skills?
- Improves co-ordination and communication skills, encourages listening skills
- none competitive physical activity where all pupils participate equally
- hands on and practical, encourages team work
- allows any pupil to shine through kinesthetic learning
- good basis for project work (art, maths, PE, creative writing)
- can be continued in break-time and club activities
- because it is fun and brings some colour and excitement into school!
How long are the sessions?
Full day - 15 minute assembly then 4 one hour sessions.
Half day - 15 minute assembly then 2 one hour sessions.
What happens in each session?
- 5 minutes - Introduction, golden rules, safety points, demonstration
- 5 minutes - a short activity to warm up, develop working together and co-ordination
- 10 minutes - demonstrating and having a go at juggling - bean bags or scarves
- 15 minutes - demonstrating and trying spinning plates
- 10 minutes - have a go at diablos and flower sticks
- 15 minutes - the big props - fun wheels, unicycles, stilts, mini bikes
In secondary schools the skills can be spread over a half day or full day with each group.
How many can take part?
One class at a time (up to 35 pupils) - up to 4 classes in a day. (as little as £2.15 per pupil)
Are there any other formats?
Whatever you want! One group could stay for 2 or 4 sessions, spending longer on each prop and also including practice tightrope. A full day could include a performance by the pupils. Also available for inset days!
How much do they cost?
Please contact me for the latest prices on email@example.com or call 01242 228 227
Which Schools have you worked in?
Lots - all over the country but in gloucestershire... Amberley Parochial, Beech Green, Birdlip, Blackeney, Bledington, Bourton, Brownham Park, Callowell, Calton Junior, Charlton Kings, Churchdown, Colway Infants, Deerhurst, Dinglewell, Elmbridge, Fairford, Gardners Lane, Harbury, Horsley, Huntley, Kemble, Lakeside, Longney, Lydney, Mitton Manor, North Cerney, Northleach, Offas Meade, Parliament, Pillowell, Primrose Hill, Querns Westonbirt, Rodmarton, Rosary School, Rowanfield Juniors, Siddington, St James', St Matthew's, St White's, Stroud Valley, Twyning, Uplands Community, Walmore Hill, Whaddon, Winchcombe abbey.